Sunday 4 October 2015

DEEP DARK




I'm getting a real early Henenlotter vibe from this trailer for upcoming indie Deep Dark. Writer/director Michael Medaglia's debut looks like it might be cut from the same fucked up cloth as the maverick New Yorker's 1988 psychedelic shocker, Brain Damage. I know I'm just projecting, but in the absence of any new work from the now 65-year-old master (since 2008's more than satisfactory comeback, Bad Biology), how can you blame me? I'm jonesing for a fix of Frank, so I'll take what I can get.

This weird looking oddity is coming from little distributor that could Uncork'd, who are starting to make a name for themselves as a distro of interesting low budget horror. Previously, they've brought us the Cronenbergian modern Frankenstein tale Closer to God; Mark Hartley's Patrick remake; and the creepy haunted camera shocker Skew. The vid won't embed for some reason, but you can check out the trailer at Shock Till You Drop HERE.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderfully fucked up! It kinda reminds me of a downright quirky little indie horror I watched earlier this year called Curtain. It tells of a nurse who moves into a new apartment only to discover there's a creepy, inter-dimensional portal in her bathroom... It starts off light-hearted enough (her shower curtains go missing on a regular basis) but ends up feeling oddly poignant.

    I must keep an eye out for more Uncork'd releases...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of that one, and there doesn't seem to be much online other than its kickstarter page. I love weird little movies like that so I'll keep an eye out. Another one in a similar vein is Motivational Growth, the "Jeffery Combs as talking mold" flick. Worth a watch.

    ReplyDelete